-->

Sunday 26 December 2010

MERRY---ERM......Aaahhh fuck it!

I had sincerely tried my best to feel the xmas spirit this year, and to my utter disappointment I failed- once more, very horribly... possibly along with the rest of England, it's gotten to the point where even shopping centres haven't even made the effort to decorate. As society recedes and grows darker - England just loses it's spirit and cheer for things which used to - and generally should make us happy! As inwardly bitter as I usually am I must say where has all the christmas magic gone?? What was it about christmas that kept me up 'til stupid hours in the morning but still got me up bright and early that same morning? New Years will surely get me back on track and motivate me to get through another looong year!

ANYWAY! In an attempt to cheer myself up I reconnected with one of my first fashion loves and that was Jeremy Scott (WHY... my brain kept telling me Jeremy Kyle is completely beyond me). With the exception of that AWFUL menswear I felt a love similar to when you've just recovered an item which used to be your most favourite thing in the world, Jeremy Scott was those glittery heeled shoes I used to love as a kid (Emphasis on the word 'USED' considering they completely demolished my feet in the end). Having looked through his SS "11 RTW Collection I can give my judgmental but SURPRISINGLY approving nod, this collection evokes trash, sex with a a subtle lack of sanity it would appear! I like how Scott combines looks from the era of punks, rebellion, self inflicted pain and the 80s in general and then creates firm transitions between each outlook of the period. Yummm! Here are some of my favourites (Combined into one compact photo for your viewing pleasure! ) : 



6 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

love those runway photos
happy new year :)

pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
twitter @divalicious_m

KIKE said...

Happy New Year to you too dear thanks for passing through!

Yep Jeremy Scott is really good|!

JEAN-PIERRE said...

just wanted to let you know that i really love the content and imagery on your blog, happy new year

-Azedev

KIKE said...

Thanks Jean-Pierre! I've just been onto your blog! It is amazing! You are brilliant in so many ways! And so cute! I hope to feature you one day if you're willing :) x

Anonymous said...

keep the inspiration coming!
you've got a good blog, and i'll be back for sure!
happy new year from COSMICaroline to you!
come visit COSMICaroline to see revamped outfits and a new photographer coming soon!

-COSMICaroline
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

KIKE said...

Wow I'm really flattered thanks a lot Caroline, I will definitely check out your blog!