-->

Tuesday 18 January 2011

You know one of the things I hate the most about society?

Like an unfaithful partner I will refrain from explaining where I have been for the past few days and dive straight into this post!

I must immediately admit that as I type this I'm thinking that the use of this horrible word, 'hate' might JUST be me over-exaggerating my feelings towards this 'thing', there are PROBABLY more arduous situations rearing their ugly heads as I sit back complaining about something which to most people would appear insignificant but I just hate worst dressed lists! 

I will be completely honest with you, in terms of fashion I feel I can be very opinionated, I immodestly express my opinion on the way other people present themselves but at the same time I maintain in my mind that fashion is SUBJECTIVE people - SUBJECTIVE !

Who are we to sit back and name other people worst dressed? If that lady wants to rock a bin bag let her do it for God's sake! We really can't say for certain whether THAT will turn into a big trend in - what 2015 that could have been the next fashion mastermind you were laughing at love, how do YOU feel?  I can just imagine my best friend laughing at this type of rant but we really can't go on scrutinizing our peers simply for the fact that we don't understand their fashion point of view! It's just wrong!

With my rant over I would just like to give directors : Ruth Hogben,  and designer Gareth Pugh a HUGE hug because the baby they've created is just immense! No really I love it! It is MY type of video! It's futuristic, it's rhythmic, it's sex, it's unusual, it's alien and most importantly it's FASHION!! This man is an innovator and a true artist with a sight years ahead of us mortals I don't think I've been this excited over a collection since McQueen's Fall 2009 - absolutely captivating!

If you haven't already been blessed with the sight of this video here it is:


I LOVE the part from 7.12! What do you think?

Also take a look at another of his fashion videos:


Ruth and Gareth do make a wonderful team! I Hope to more films from them in the future! *EXCOITED*

No comments: