-->

Wednesday 5 January 2011

B*tch you better work!

No I don't mean shaking your ass and strutting your stuff around in nothing but a swimming suit and a beautifully constructed shawl (Lil joke for the Ci ci fans). I'm talking about working it out for the photographer - I'm talking about spellbinding us mortals to the point where our eyeballs melt straight out of our sockets - Forgive my useless ramble, let me just forward straight to the point...

Today I get a notification on Facebook, yep most of you Facebook addicts know the deal '[Insert name] has commented on your picture', so here I am- SHAMEFULLY excited to know which of my profile pictures someone has taken the time to comment on...

I eventually follow the link and to my surprise find the beautiful 1960s model Donyale Luna (God rest her soul) sitting elegantly on my monitor donning a magnificently chic sequin embellished dress she had supposedly worn during a fashion show or to a social even, neck gracefully elongated, eyes distant yet dreamy. It had only been 5 minutes ago that I was admiring/collecting pictures of Peggy Moffitt so to then be coincidentally lead to this photo of Luna really inspired me to do a post about her! I think we definitely need more models like her today, aside from Miss Luna's clear identity issues I think for me she has to be one of the best models to date. I think she had a look about her which I don't think has been found anywhere else for decades we have modern Twiggys and Moffitts but I don't think there is a model as culturally diverse as Donyale - I'm amazed by the bewitching presence she generates in every picture she takes, regardless of whoever resides behind the lens, here is the beauty at work (and not at work) *CLICK* Fierce!

















2 comments:

MsShamz said...

wow gorgeous photos, very inspiring! I love the way you write, super entertaining!
I'm throwing a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to participate dear :)

KIKE said...

Thanks a lot! Still got a very long way to go though! I'll definitely go an take a look, just to give it a read! c: