-->

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Rose tinted vision can't fix this

Amber, Amber, AMBER ROSE

What a stunner but ohmygood Lord she did NOT try to recreate that ICONIC photograph taken of my aunty (by imagination) Grace Jones by Jean Paul Gaude ! I just CAN'T put my finger on what's bothering me about this imitation, its really strange how Amber's photograph is set up in exactly the same way as Grace's photo yet it doesn't even come close to the perfection of Grace's photo. Grace Jones' body is (well....was) PERFECT - the arch in this woman's back, the mild contortion of her torso is...UNREAL! Then to top it all this my aunty's skin is just this wonderful smooth dark chocolate...Ah the photo is a dream - She's amazing, She's elegant and effortlessly intriguing....
Flawless Grace Jones

Not so flawless Amber

and then Amber comes along...I'm not going to hate and say she doesn't look stunning but the photo is just mediocre in comparison to the original...They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but can you REALLY teach a young dog old tricks? Hmmm....Definitely something to think about! I do rate Amber for trying....

No comments: