-->

Friday 8 January 2010

*2010- Prints, Pads and McQueen, OH YES!*

***********HAPPY NEW YEARS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!***********

Okay...so I've decided that I can't just keep sitting around and thinking all these things, I need somewhere to write down my thoughts on everything- low and behold the internet. To think I spend so much time on this computer and completely missed the fact that I could start a blog, so here we are, first post here we go....

I've been a constant on the site www.style.com for a while now and couldn't help but fall in absolute and dire LOVE with Alexander McQueen's 2010 ready-to-wear spring collection. What a way to start 2010- bold, vibrant and in complete demand of your attention!! I can definitely see a play on "symmetry" and "balance" which has been incorporated into not only the detailing of the print but also the into the mixture of a warm and a cold palette (See Below).

I can also see that McQueen has put a lot of thought into the silhouettes of his pieces- surely a strong print needs a strong shape. I'm very impressed with the variety of shape his Spring collection has produced, I'm seeing puffed sleeves, I'm seeing shoulder pads, I'm seeing puffed trousers, puffed skirts all in one show and I'm not thinking Oh God! There definitely (in my opinion) appears to be an "android-type" quality to this collection, in the styling and also the accessories- notice how the shoes appear very much like parts of a machine. 2009 was very controversial and exciting for Alexander McQueen it appears as though he's setting the standards for other designers yet again- I'm wishing him the best of luck in 2010 even though we all know he does not need it! He is actually a genius!





Since Lady Gaga's new single "Bad Romance" premièred at this show he's the video (check the McQueen piece at the beginning)


No comments: