-->

Saturday 20 November 2010

New Mission: Better Camera!

As a student at Goldsmiths university I can, with the utmost confidence confirm that it is quite hard to really stand out. In such a pool of personalities and creativity I have far too often found myself gawking on in envy at that guy with the really interesting looking coat or that plucky girl girl with the electric blue bangs and a box fringe so precise you'd swear the person in question had produced a blueprint before cutting it. Enough with the blather and straight to the point - One faithful day as I leisurely stroll through the library I slow down to notice a girl who really caught my attention, she had a purple 1940/50s style hat, a maxi length vintage floral dress with standout metallic shoes accompanied by high contrast socks. To say I was amazed was an understatement - I was gobsmacked to a point where I could not stop staring, this outfit, to me was an exceedingly harmonious marriage of vintage and modernism! Eccentric with out registering as a costume! Her make-up was also really intriguing!


She was really nice and let me take a few (really crappy) pictures, she's also a designer and make-up artist so hopefully I should have an interview with her up in the future!


Note to self: GET A PROFESSIONAL CAMERA


Here are the pictures:




Couldn't help but wish I had a better camera! :( Doesn't do the outfit enough justice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting combination.